Friday, January 20, 2012

Self-Portrait

Self-portraits were definitely not my favorite part of art so far this year.  First of all, I can't draw, and so I knew drawing something living let alone myself was going to be a challenge.  When we would gather around the tables and watch Mrs. Kiick demonstrate the different techniques we would be attempting that day in class, she made it look so easy, so instantly I was like I can do this.  Actually trying to draw a big sketch of myself, and then have to paint it was hard.  Painting it brought some pain, because after all the hard work you put in to make it look real, you had to put black ink over.  After that dried, we had to "rinse" our paintings over the sink to create a retro feel.  After we let them dry, we used colored pencils to bring our paintings back to "life" and complete them.  Below is what my final, big self-portrait turned out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment