Wednesday, November 2, 2011

SELF-PORTRAITS

Currently in Creative Arts, we are working on self-portraits, and this is the week that I have really begun to tackle painting my self-portrait.  It has been a challenge for me in terms of being able to lay down a color and go back and work it in with a lighter color in certain areas.  Mixing the color I created with the black and white to lighten the contrast and creating colors in general was also difficult because at the day's end, you would have to clean up that palette and start from scratch the next day.  All in all, this has been more enjoyable then I could have expected because initially I was not looking forward drawing myself on a HUGE piece of paper. The picture above will be used in my booklet as well as the other creations I have been making this year.  As you can see, I still have a lot of work to go... Wish me luck !

No comments:

Post a Comment